About Tek Deburr Inc
Family owned For Fifty Years!
Tek Deburr Inc. has been in business On Long Island, New York for almost 50 years - providing industries such as aerospace, medical and many others with the most exacting and demanding deburring services and other finishing solutions. A full list of our services can be seen to the left.
What Is Deburring?
Deburring is the removal of burrs from machine manufactured components.
Metal components can be manufactured by many different processes: pressing, shearing, cutting, EDM and many more. A side effect of many of these processes is that imperfections are left behind on the edges.
These raised particles, whiskers and shavings are referred to as burrs, and the process by which they are removed is referred to as deburring.
What We Do
Effectively, when a part is manufactured, it is not finished. Burrs will remain, and in addition the surface of the part may not be correct: it may be uneven, dull or unsightly. Not only does this detract from the quality of the manufactured part, in some circumstances (especially where aeronautics are concerned) it can be dangerous.
At Tek Deburr, we take manufactured components and do whatever is necessary to finish them. This will normally involve deburring, of which there are many different types, but can also involve blending, blasting, polishing and more.
What We Offer
- Fifty years of experience, knowledge and expertise. No one knows finishing better than we do. Thanks to our work on the Lunar Excursion Module (LEM), parts that we deburred are even now sitting on the moon!
- Samples finished for free. We would rather "show" than "tell" - send us a sample of the components you need finishing, and we will deburr them for free. Even for existing customers!
- The widest range of services. Our state of the art facility offers a huge diversity of services, from the speed and simplicity of tumbling to the unparalleled precision of hand deburring. Whatever the unique demands of your project may be, we have a process that fits.
- An unconditional guarantee.We guarantee all of our work. If the finish isn't perfect, we'll work it until it is, at no additional cost.
- Versatility. We can finish any quantity of parts, from 1 to 100,000 - no job is too big or too small.
- Rapid turnaround. The size and capacity of our facility means that we can complete jobs much more quickly than our competitors.Give us a forecast and send us a sample - you'll be surprised by how quickly we can finish your parts for you.